Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nurture, Contemplate, Meditate

Part of my focus right now is nurturing myself (along with everyone else, naturally).  With the recent increase of activity in my life (going back to school and planning our wedding), I have felt somewhat neglected.  I have not had time to work out, pay attention to my diet, or spend any good amount of time just tuning into myself.

Now that things have slowed down (somewhat), I am finding ways to nurture my body, mind, and spirit.  (If that sounds corny to you, you may skedaddle).  I have picked up the weights again, gotten back into my running shoes, and rolled out the yoga mat.  I am already feeling more calm, relaxed, and centered.  I have started a food journal to make sure I'm getting enough of everything, and have made it a priority to find time to meditate, read, sit in the hot tub, do girly spa stuff, and just play (see yesterday's post about Avila Valley Barn)!  I am spending more time and mental energy on my schoolwork.  I have gotten organized again (that feels GREAT)!  I plan on starting my first quilt this week - I'm actually very excited.  I've been planning to make a quilt for my daughter out of her old clothes.  Thanks to Wendy for providing me with the final tools I needed to get started!  Now it's up to me to make the time.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about religion and spirituality lately, and that is something I would like to explore further.  One more thing on my list of things to do....  The many different types of religion fascinates me, but even more fascinating to me is the threads of similarity that run through them all.... I see a religion class in my future!

I welcome any non-judgmental comments about this topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment