Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Runner's High

Since I committed to running (and raising money for) the Miracle Miles for Kids 10k, I've managed to run consistently throughout the month of January so far.  As the month draws to a close, I am giving myself a big pat on the back - I've stuck with this so far with a minimum of pain and a good amount of progress.  I started back at the beginning (able to run about 3/4 of a mile) due to taking time off and general unhealthiness, but I'm already back in 5k shape!  Since the 10k isn't till May, I am confident that I will be ready.

I've discovered some new spots (the Bluff Trail at Montana de Oro is absolutely AMAZING) and have discovered I prefer running off-road than on.  I ran the Bluff Trail yesterday and ended the day totally blissed out on my "runner's high", the sight and sound of the waves crashing, the ocean smell in the air, and some great music on the drive home.  I am checking out a new trail tomorrow.... 

And to top it all off, I feel fantastic!  Can't wait for tomorrow!

Today I strapped Caitlin in the stroller and ran here.  Gorgeous and peaceful little path tucked away in a park.  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment